Thursday, May 04, 2006

Travelling to Barcelona

It is all Graham's fault. He had "dragged" me into another European project in which our university is involved as a partner: MATTIA. And as a result, I would participate in another meeting across Europe, within just two weeks. Of course I accepted, since this would provide the opportunity to travel to Barcelona. And of course this would be an opportunity to apply / increase my expertise for my work portfolio.

But again as in the ISLES workshop last week in Bucharest, for this MATTIA meeting I had no idea what this project or meeting would actually be about. No project objectives, goals, deliverables were available to me ahead of time.
No problem, I would travel now to Barcelona now anyway.
I meet Graham on Wednesday morning at Leeds Bradford airport (LBA). After we had two beers in the lounge, we board the plane. Together with us boarded a "hen party" group. From Graham I learn the significance of this: is a bachelorette party just before a wedding - girls' night out. And lately, because of the inexpensive flights within Europe, these hen parties were organised all over the place. Barcelona was among the most popular destinations for this.
They are already having quite a good time while on the plane...