Friday, May 26, 2006

Organising the Relocation

One guy visits me in the morning, takes a test drive in the Caddy. Likes it a lot, but is a bit scared by the amount of work that would need to be done in order to bring it in top condition.

The weather this Friday is cloudy - gone is the Southern California blue sky, and it will remain cloudy for the next few days. The other business I need to take care is to organise the moving of the household goods. I had gotten quotes from several companies, and I had condensed them down to two international moving organisers. I call them, to discuss some of the issues regarding the schedule and organisation of the move. Need to decide what to move. Currently it looks as if I will have to get a 20 ft container. There are subtle differences of how these two companies plan to handle the moving, and I have to choose the one that appears more reliable. There have been horror stories about moving scams, and I am trying to avoid one.