Sunday, May 07, 2006


Inside the cathedral Sagrada Familia. Posted by Picasa

I check out from the hotel at 12:00.

Now there is some time until my flight which will leave at 17:40. I decide to visit the Dali museum in the city centre. This is not the famous museum in Figueres (1h 15 min away by a train ride) but is a smaller exhibition of an extensive collection of Dali's sketches, prints, drawings, and water color paintings. But none of the oil paintings is there, and this is a bit disappointing. The vivid colors are missing, the prints and drawings appear a bit faded. Still, it is a great pleasure to get sucked into the surrealism of Dali's phantasy, into these weird assoziations, carricaturistic sketches of deformed humans and animals. Exactly like the bad dream I had when I woke up this morning.