Monday, May 22, 2006

Travel to London

A few weeks ago, an email had come, announcing a workshop on how to form and manage a European research consortium. Since this topic is of great interest to me, I signed up for it. And so I was bound to travel to London, to take part in this one-day workshop on 23. May.

From Leeds Met, I take the free city bus to the train station.
It is still raining slightly, otherwise I would have walked to the station.
The train has already arrived, I walk around and take a few pictures.
As I enter the coach E where my reserved seat is, many people already have taken their seat. My seat is at a 4-group, 2 facing each other, at the window. I squeeze into my place. These seats are narrower than in an air plane! I start unpacking the food I just bought: a delicious sandwich from Burger King, with fries and diet coke, and start having my dinner, watched by envious eyes around.

For the first time I am leaving Leeds on a long-distance train. As the train rolls out exactly at the scheduled departure time at 17:05, it passes the houses along the canal; I can look inside, see the lights in the rooms of Whitehall Waterfront, as the train accelerates.



Arrival at Kings Cross train station. Posted by Picasa