Saturday, April 01, 2006


Yellow sightseeing bus. Posted by Picasa

I get off at the Captain Cook Museum and join the walking crowds. Across the bridge from the East part of the town into the West part, where there is the access to the pier and to all those Fish-and-Chips outlets. Many people walk with those boxes or with the fish wrapped in paper. I am getting hungry, and at the first decent looking cookery, I go in and get myself a Haddock with chips. Carry it out in the cardboard box, wrapped in paper, with a few napkins and a plastic fork. Then I sit down somewhere near the pear and eat. The chips are really handmade and still have that potatoe-ish feel. This dish is of course not the most healthy one - the batter of the fish soaked with oil, and the chips are dripping too. But it tastes great, as long as it is still piping hot.