Saturday, April 01, 2006


On the way back from Grossmont to Pickering. Posted by Picasa

While the train returns to Pickering, there is another opportunity to look at the scenery of the North York Moor, this time in sunshine. Back at Pickering, the clouds are again dark and gray, and as I leave in my car, heading towards north, a strong hail storm falls down, accompanying me on my way through the North York Moor up north, passing the Hole of Horkum.

As I arrive in Whitby, the rain had stopped, and the blue sky opened again. As I turn towards the town center, there suddenly the streets and side walks are packed with pedestrians, strolling along the store fronts - it looks like a zoo! I search in vain for a vacant parking spot - everything is occupied. So I have no other choice than to drive up to the abbey and park there, then walk down into the town.