Wednesday, March 26, 2008

MMS to email?

Stupid problem: Yesterday I sent an MMS to this blog. I had hoped that this would be treated like a normal email, with a picture as an attachment - then it would appear as a regular blog entry. But what happened instead: the MMS is converted by O2 into a message stored on their own web server - and accessible only through their own web interface. This meant that also my own entry here just links to that web site, instead of appearing "normally". And right now, the "service is not available".

This really sucks. I will have to complain with O2. This is not the right way to deal with MMS. I also noticed that when I send a MMS to another phone, the same thing happens: the recepient only gets a link to their web page. This is not how MMS were intended to work...

No comments: