Monday, December 10, 2007

MELD lab in Preston

A while ago I had attended a MELD evening in Leeds, which aimed at bringing together journalists, New Media, and technologists. As a result from that event, I submitted a brief proposal for a "pitch" which was accepted - and so I am now attending a one-week "sandbox" workshop at University of Central Lancashire in Preston, north of Liverpool.

It took 2 1/2 hours to drive there from Leeds, bypassing Manchester during the Monday mornign rush hour. I missed the exit from the M62 to the M61, as I had thought that the motorway would just continue up north... but instead the exit lane for M61 was on the left side, not continuing on the right.

Well, I arrived ok there.

The next days will be preparing a pitch for my project proposal: a piece of computer technology making journalistic work easier.

No comments: