Thursday, November 22, 2007

USAB Conference, Graz

During the HCI conference this past summer in Beijing I had met Prof. Andreas Holzinger, who is in the joint supervision team of my PhD student Johannes Christian.
He had invited us to submit a paper to the symposium he would organise in Graz in November: USAB 07 - Usability & HCI for Medicine and Health Care. Together with my colleague Steve Wilkinson and Andreas Holzinger, Johannes and myself authored a kind of overview paper about the applications of Augmented Reality in the medical field.

The conference went for two days. Due to work commitments at Leeds Met I had to skip the first day in which several tutorials were held. I arrived at Graz in the evening, then attended the paper presentation sessions the next day. The keynote speech by Harold Thimbleby (Swanseas University) highlighted how bad user interface design of medical equipment can kill patients.

Our paper was presented in the session around 12 pm.

In the evening there was a reception at the Mayor of Graz.

No comments: