Saturday, March 17, 2007

Car broken in - again.

The sun was shining bright this morning. Bad wether was announced for later, so we decided to use the Saturday and enjoy the good weather for a short trip to somewhere around Leeds. As I came to the car, I immediately saw the crushed glass on the ground... the left (passenger) side door window had been smashed. No other damage, nothing was stolen from the inside of the car, but this time I would be left with a repair bill.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"... And I thought that I had taken sufficient precautions, with my camera mounted well in sight. But I had not installed the capture completely - I only had set up the system to record a few single images, and so I saw a picture of the car before the damage, and one after the damage. Whoever did this, was there actually in the morning, using early daylight...
I should have parked the car inside the driveway, but when I tried it last time, the car bottom touched the ground because of the steep slope.

Well, I now reconfigured the video system to actually capture video sequences.

No comments: