Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Obituary: Prof. Robert Ellis

With shock I read on Tuesday's reflection by our Vice Chancellor Prof. Simon Lee that a colleague has died: Professor Robert Ellis from the School of Built Environment at Leeds Metropolitan University.

I had known him since I came to Leeds Met more than a year ago. He was always very optimistic, cheerful, had a great sense of humor. And he was always ready for a joint collaboration project. Early in 2006 decided together on purchasing a monitor system - the ImmersaDome 2.0. Then we put together a joint proposal for a research project with other partners, with whom he had contact. It was a pleasure to be involved in activities with him - he was always eager to contribute and participate.

I learned now that he just got to know 3 weeks ago about his cancer. I will surely miss him very much.

No comments: