Thursday, August 18, 2005

About this blog - welcome!

Already a few years ago, when the term "blogging" was not known, I intended to create a site on the web where I would upload my comments on events and interesting issues. However, I never found the time to do this, and to maintain a specific web page for this seemed like a lot of work. Then, blogging became a phenomenon, and everyone who wanted, could publish their thoughts to a worldwide audience. Due to my lack of time, I completely missed this trend. Now, I finally jump onto the bandwagon quite late. But the threshold for starting a blog is quite low, software is easy to setup, and maintenance of a blog also has become very simple. So finally, I am ready for blogging.

The question comes up, what this blog is supposed to be. Do I want to spread out my whole life, in front of the general public? No. But I want to share a few thoughts that occur to me once and then, to share some of the observations I make, to share a little bit of my individual experiences. I also will share some of the pictures I take in various places, as documentation for my friends and colleagues.

I hope that you enjoy this blog, and I hope that I will be able to find the time for more or less regular updates, to keep this blog interesting.