Friday, July 10, 2009

Visitors from India

Since my return from the US, I have been busy at work, catching up with things that were waiting for me. But the main activity was that our friends Falguni, Mitali, and Kiran from Anand in Gujarat, India had arrived on 22.June here in Leeds. We had visited them last November, and now they completed the visit exchange. Brian had taken care of them for the first week, and right when I returned they were on a visit in Stratford-upon-Avon. I picked them all up from there. On the weekend of 4.July Jane had organised a conference at the Northern College Barnsley about "Global Perspectives in Adult Learning", in which I took part on two days. Then this Wednesday the group went to Malham in the Yorkshire Dales for an excursion, and on Thursday I had organised a meeting at Leeds Met with them and a few people at Leeds Met with an interest in Climate Change. On Friday evening our friends left back to India.

No comments: