Friday, February 15, 2008

Guest Lectures

This week I was very busy: in addition to my regular teaching, I did two "guest lectures" in a lecture series for Multimedia Students projects. The talk at both occasions was the same: about computer vision and augmented reality.

In addition, my main activity is now related to linking with other institutions (universities, businesses) in order to get connections and networking for preparing funding proposals to research councils and other funding agencies.

One of the main concerns is that some of members of staff are very interested in pursuing research activities, but they do not have external funding available. So I have taken it as my responsibility to enable these members of staff to do follow their research interest. This means bidding for funding - and winning it.

Next week I have an array of 10 meetings spread over the week - meeting with potential collaborators and staff members for organising such bids.

No comments: