Tuesday, February 28, 2006

From Milan to Genoa

After the 4 hour stopover in Milan Malpensa airport, the last flight of this trip is scheduled at 8:30 pm, from Milan to Genoa. This time it is one of those turbo-prop planes, an ATR. I have not been in one since quite a while, because most airlines replaced them with small jets. But the prop plane is also nice, it flies lower and slower. Unfortunately, it is night outside, so there is not much to see. The flight is not more than 40 minutes. After a short climb over the hills, separating the Po valley from the Ligurian coast, we fly along the coast line. Then over downtown Genoa. The airport is very close to the city center, just a few miles west at the coast. As I get out, my luggage is indeed there – I am a bit surprised. Now into the city, to the hotel. From the web, I had printed a schedule of the bus. There is one right now waiting – it leaves at 9:40pm. 20 minutes later it arrives at the hotel.