Thursday, November 15, 2007

London Impressions

Just before I visit William at Goldsmiths College, I use the time to stroll a bit through quarters of London where I had not yet been. After arriving at Kings Cross train station, I have to walk to the Thameslink station, from where a train crosses the river Thames. The train seems to drive in walking speed - and I regret that I did not get out at Blackfriars, from where I could have easily walked. I get out at the next station, London Bridge. Walk over the pedestrian bridge over the Thames. Into a busy business area. Pass St. Pauls Cathedral - looks much smaller than I had imagined. Then back over the Thames, into some old dock and market area. Then taking another train to New Cross, where Goldsmiths College is located.


New St. Pancras Train Station, next to Kings Cross Station.


Kings Cross Station, with the towers of St. Pancras Station in the background.


Near south bank of Thames, not far from London Bridge Station.


Tower Bridge.


Not far from St. Pauls Cathedral.


St. Pauls Cathedral.


North bank of the Thames.


Near London Bridge Train Station, evening.

No comments: