Sunday, April 01, 2007

Visiting a friend in Manchester

I have known David Solomons since many years - I think it was in 1998 when I got acquainted to his web site "Le Petite Musique" where a small group of musicians posted their works. It was there that I got acquainted to other online musicians and began daring to post some of my works. David lives in a suburb of Manchester - so it was very logical that after I had moved to Leeds, I paid him a visit in September 2005. And this weekend we visited him for the 2nd time. He prepared a very nice lunch, and together with my wife and with Rosemary we had a very nice afternoon, with chat, discussions, and his music.

On the way back home to Leeds, we stopped at the nearby Trafford Centre, and suddenly we felt as if being in Las Vegas - or at least in one of those typical "fake" Southern California shopping malls.

No comments: